Friday, October 27, 2006

Need

It's been eight months since my spiritual director passed away. I haven't talked much about his death here, or really anywhere for that matter; I can't find words for what I feel.

With his passing my faith life suffered a K.O. I spent a good eight months wondering what changed. I played golf last weekend with a friend. We talked about Father Phil's passing. I realized how much I missed my daily conversations and consultations with Father, and how much my life changed when faith spun from the center of my being.

I know why I feel abandoned; my current pastor is not a spiritual director. This passage from Isaiah, 42:16 gives me comfort:

I will lead the blind on their journey; by paths unknown I will guide them. I will turn darkness into light before them, and make crooked ways straight. These things I do for them, and I will not forsake them.

Faith.

Oh, and get ready to rock out - turn up your speakers!

 
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »