Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Vivi Award Madness

Well, as some of you have pointed out, Courage is a nominee in the Vivi Awards under the category 'most inspirational.'

And, as you all know me, I have a few inspiring comments on this journal's nomination.

When I first started this journal, I hoped to find community. I didn't begin it as a purely inspirational journal (and indeed many of its entries are a bit silly - see What Kind of Panties Are You? if you need proof), but it has morphed to include daily (mostly) reflections and the Friday Five.

Those reflections are a direct result of the people that come here. I do not provide inspiration with what I write. For true inspiration, scroll through the comments on this site and visit those journals. I have not once done that and found a person or a journal who did not inspire me. Inspiration isn't some thing that one person can create more than another, it is the result of a group of people searching for something together, and in our case, I think we're searching for real community, good people, and a place where being nice and genuine isn't mocked.

And I think that is true inspiration. That being said, even if this little bit of blogosphere does not win, I am inspired every day because of what you bring to my life. So, thank you.

Click to view more about the Vivi Awards.
Click here to vote for your favorites.

 
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »